Thursday, May 15, 2014

My very first Garden Bloom Day

Hi, I'm Montgomery - the happiest dog ever. I live on a "farm" with 2 pretty white dogs, and a Dad and Mom for company.  Occasionally my puppy sisters come to visit and that makes me even happier than I am on a regular day.  That is pretty darn happy!

Mom likes to play in the dirt (I watch) and has done a lot of digging and planting over the years.  Puppy Sis @_emily_rose has a blog where she posts pictures of all her pretty flowers and other fun stuff she does and I thought Mom should have a blog and post pictures of her pretty flowers too.  Besides, Mom's getting old and forgetful and blog posts will help her remember what she has planted and about what time it blooms. It's amazing how much things change from year to year.  I think it will be fun to track the progress.  

So lets get started :)

I'm going to cheat a little, Garden Bloom Day is supposed to be the 15th of the month, but these were blooming last week and are just too pretty to leave out. Not sure where the orange Iris came from, but I do like them.


 Iris and columbine





Now we'll move on to this week. When I started to walk around the yard, I was surprised how many thing were blooming. Yay! for spring :)



We have Pink Lemonade honeysuckle, common spiderwort, buttercup siberian iris, Duetzia, dianthius, pink peony, a pitiful red knockout rose, blue star creeper in the front walkway, another rose that needs some TLC - its a sweetheart rose that came from a cutting of the rosebush my grandfather planted for my grandmother when my mom's mom was born (it took a big hit last summer when a huge oak tree fell over and landed on top of it), the very last blossom on the bleeding heart and a white spiderwort that has apparently hybridized a bit to be lavender.  

There are a few fusia and white azalea blossoms hanging on, and a mock orange shrub blooming too, but I didn't get pictures - oh well, that's still not too bad for my very first Garden Bloom Day. Now the challenge will be to find things blooming every month.


Just so you know, I may post some other doings around the farm, but mostly it will be flowers and such.  It's pretty quiet around here. We'll just have to see how it goes. 

Thanks for stopping by!






4 comments:

  1. Yay for your first Bloom Day post! I like your collage of pictures. If you're up for dividing your yellow iris sometime, I'd like to try them down by the pond. They'd be pretty, and I wouldn't have to look at the foliage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the community of garden bloggers! :) You look like you have quite a lot blooming in the garden, and how great to have a rose inherited from your grandparents like that! Good luck with the blogging venture - it can be a bit of work, but lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Bloom Day, Montgomery; glad you have joined in! Tell your Mom (who I'm sure is probably not "old" at all) that blogging is a great way to record what's blooming when. I know I'd forget if I didn't have all these posts from the past few years. Looks like you have lots of lovely blooms going on in your garden, and how nice to have the special rose from your grandfather. I have a helper in the garden, too, named Sophie, but she hasn't mastered how to blog yet:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just Lovely :)
    and do not miss

    SATURDAY SHOW OFF

    it is FUN :)
    Welcome
    The Roseman

    ReplyDelete